March is National Nutrition Month (NNM)! NNM’s theme this year is “Bite By Bite”. We at CHARGE decided to make a “bite-sized” recipe inspired by this theme. Check out our allergy-friendly bite-sized energy balls!
These energy bites make for a quick pre-workout snack. Pop 1-2 before a long bike ride, run, or hike! Need a quick breakfast? Pair 1-2 with a high protein milk (cow’s milk, soy milk, pea protein milk) and you’re good to go! Since they are nut-free, even the kids can enjoy them at school! Pack 1 in their lunch box as a sweet but healthy treat. Great for pre-practice fuel!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milled flax seed
- ½ cup 88 Acres Vanilla Spiced Sunflower Seed Butter
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ – ⅓ cup honey
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly (if you prefer mix together with hands, remember to wash them before!)
- Refrigerate mixture for 10-15 minutes (this will make it easier to form into balls)
- Once chilled, form mixture into 15 small balls.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge or freezer to keep shape.
We used 88 Acres seed butter in this recipe- check out all of their allergen-friendly products including seed butters, snack bars, protein bars, and more! Use code 88CHARGE for 20% off the first purchase on their website.
Nutrition Info: Energy Bites
Total Fat: 5.9 g
Sat Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 2.6 mg
Total Carbs: 14.3 g
Fiber: 2.5 g
Sugars: 7.3 g
Protein: 2.9 g