Weeknights and busy lives call for no-fuss dinner recipes. Sheet pan recipes are meals that can be cooked all on one pan in the oven, which means less to clean up and no need to stand over the stove while your dinner is cooking.
This Sheet Pan Chicken and Rainbow Carrots recipe features a homemade marinade with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Making a marinade from scratch can help to control some sugar and sodium content. Homemade marinades are also a budget-savvy move! The recipe below serves 2, but it can easily be doubled to serve more.
Simple Sheet Pan Chicken and Rainbow Carrots
- ½ lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. Rainbow/tri-colored carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash carrots and peel carrots. Cut carrot tops off. Slice carrots longways in halves or quarters. Trim excess fat from chicken thighs and cut them into strips.
- Place carrots and chicken thighs on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place the chicken on one side and the carrots on the other side.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar together until combined. Pour mixture over carrots and chicken. Spread marinade mixture around with your hands until everything is evenly coated.
- Roast chicken and carrots for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender. Plate and serve with rice, a side salad, or another favorite side!
Authored by: Ashley Haluck MS, RD, LDN