Simple Lemon Garlic Hummus
The holidays are a great time to spend with loved ones, friends, and family. When people come together, food always follows. Unfortunately veggies tend to get left in the dust – the food group that should be the bulk of our intake (we need about 5-6 servings a day)! An awesome way to bring veggies into the day is to bring a hummus tray to the party! See below for a quick and easy hummus recipe as well as some veggies to pair with it.
- 1 can of low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup of tahini* (find near the peanut butter section!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 garlic cloves (or ~1 Tbsp of minced garlic)
Optional Garnish: Sesame seeds and parsley for topping
*Alternatives for tahini include any nut/seed butter (ie sunbutter, almond butter, etc), greek yogurt, or just extra olive oil!
Veggies to pair hummus with!
- Carrots (buy baby to cut down prep time)
- Broccoli (buy pre-chopped to cut down prep time)
- Bell Peppers (buy mini to cut down prep time)
- Drain can of chickpeas and rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (Don’t have a processor? Use a blender or fork. It will be a bit chunky but still taste great!). Processed until mixed. You may have to scrape the sides a few times.
- Put freshly made hummus into a serving bowl. Top with optional garnish
- Serve with chopped veggies.