Yields 2 servings. (Low FODMAP per serving)
½ cup uncooked quinoa
½ green pepper
½ red pepper
1 sweet potato
1 cup spinach
2 tbsp olive oil
Lemon, salt, and pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa in a pot as per the instructions on the bag (usual instructions include rinsing the quinoa under cold water, placing 1 cup water and ½ cup quinoa in a pot and cooking until boiling). Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
2. Place the shrimp in boiling water and continue to boil for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked.
3. While the quinoa is cooking, chop the peppers and sweet potato.
4. Sauté the peppers and sweet potato in olive oil and lemon for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and peppers are soft.
5. Add the spinach at the last 2-3 minutes and sauté with the other vegetables.
6. Layer a bowl with the quinoa on the bottom, followed by the peppers, sweet potatoes, and the shrimp. Drizzle in olive oil and lemon, and add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
By Nicole Parello, MS, RDN, LDN
This information is intended for general advice and may not be applicable to everyone. Please speak to your on-site Registered Dietitian if you have specific questions or to find out what is best for your individual needs.